Intermediate Software Developer
Salary : Between £33,000 and £56,000 per annum
Location : London (Intrepid office and client sites) with options to work remotely
We're looking for an intermediate developer interested in building their capability to deliver applications, particularly web apps.
This is an opportunity to write both server side code and create front end experiences, providing a balanced combination of working on existing applications along with the opportunity to develop entirely new apps and features while learning new frameworks and styles.
- Design, code, unit test and debug software
- Contribute to the design/architecture of the system
- Gather business requirements and create technical plans for fulfilling those requirements, along with being comfortable debating technical merits of chosen and alternative solutions
- Engage with non-technical stakeholders in a respectful manner
An enthusiastic technologist with a passion for building high quality and productive enterprise level systems.
- You are technology agnostic in your approach and are open to using the appropriate technology for the user problem at hand balanced with the strategic direction of the project
- Passionate to stay on top of the current technical skill set, with also a drive to explore technology evolution trends
- Are customer/client focused and understand that solving the user's problem and meeting their requirements is most important
- Not afraid to voice your opinion but pragmatic enough to understand the needs of the project and team come first
- A strong team player that can work with a team of highly skilled and talented individuals
- Be able to work independently when called upon, and maintain strong personal organisational skills
- Able to pass a CRB in order to be given onsite access to T1 investment banks
- Good Experience designing the architecture of small to medium sized systems and components
- Excellent in problem solving, critical thinking and time management.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work on own and under pressure
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Professional working attitude
- Package Managers like: nuget, npm, bower
- A .net ORM (preferably EntityFramework)
- Distributed VCS (Git, Mercurial, etc)
- Previous experience of working in a customer facing environment
Platforms and tools we use
- Visual Studio, Resharper, NCrunch
- Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Azure
Intrepid is a services and consultancy business, specialising in using our IT, Software and Process skills to use technology to increase efficiencies for our clients. We hope that by doing this, our clients save time and money which allows them to have more time for the precious aspects of life. We hire individuals who are eager to learn, driven to achieve the best, and thrive on taking responsibility and ownership.
- Competitive industry salary, with benefits including the Company Pension scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- On the job training and tuition
- Private healthcare coverage