Senior Scala Software Consultant
Job Title : Senior Software Consultant
Salary : Competitive
Location : South East, UK
Intrepid is a niche and growing consultancy built upon individuals who have a desire to learn and are driven by excellence. We are looking for a Consultant to join our team providing services to one of our Investment Banking clients. As part of the Technology function, you will be a senior member of the team responsible for the technical delivery of a major regulatory workstream.
Founded in 2010, Intrepid was initially created as a pure software consultancy working with cutting edge technology for a few key clients. We were driven by our desire to embrace the newest technologies for multi-platform software applications. As our client base expanded, we found that as well as returning to us for new projects, our clients needed ongoing maintenance and support for their existing software platforms and applications. Out of this was born our Services department. This has grown organically, providing ongoing support for our Consultancy and Solutions clients, as well as providing much needed support to new Service only clients.
In 2017, Intrepid embarked in a major growth initiative to expand their operations into financial services and larger organisations. Significant focus was made to grow quality lead generation through our vendor partnership channels, alliance partnership channels, and external business development services. This has resulted in increased revenue for Intrepid, and a multitude of new possibilities.
- Understanding the technical requirements of the system
- Providing analytical support for client business and technical teams.
- Coding technical solutions to business problems.
- Conducting developer level testing of coded solutions.
- Working with client-side teams to build, integrate, test and deploy system components.
- Contributing to system architectural direction
- Supporting the technical lead in prototyping solutions for client demonstrations
- Assisting the team in making the correct technology choices for each problem to be solved
- Updating the appropriate issue tracking systems to ensure progress is logged
- An enthusiastic and experienced technologist with a passion for building high quality and productive enterprise-level systems.
- Interested in learning more about Investment Banking.
- Drawn to towards creating simplicity from complex systems, processes and business problems.
- Technology agnostic in your approach and are open to using the proper technology for the user problem at hand
- Customer/client-focused and understand that solving the user's problem and meeting their requirements is most important
- Not afraid to voice your opinion, but pragmatic enough to understand the needs of the project and team come first
- A strong team player that can work with a team of highly skilled and talented individuals
- Able to work independently when called upon, and maintain strong personal organisational skills
- Passionate to stay on top of the current technical skillset, with also a drive to explore technology evolution trends
- Senior-level development experience (8+ years) using a JVM based language (Java/Kotlin/Scala etc) with half of that experience building enterprise-level systems and at least 2 years of commercial experience in Scala.
- Experience architecting large and enterprise-level systems and components.
- Previous experience of working in financial services and regulatory requirement systems, in particular, is desirable but not mandatory.
- Previous experience of working in a client-facing environment.
- Team leadership and mentoring experience a plus
- Any Scrum/Kanban/XP experience a definite plus
- Excellent in problem-solving, critical thinking and time management.
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Initiative to find answers to new questions
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Competitive industry salary, with benefits including the Company Pension scheme with Scottish Widows.
- 25 Days holiday per calendar year (plus 8 UK Bank Holidays).
- Flexible working arrangements where possible.
- Company headquarters at a central WeWork office with all the added benefits, including free drinks, breakfast, fitness classes, workshops etc.
- Vitality private healthcare coverage, including reward benefits from cinemas, high street coffee chain, and many other discounts.
- On the job training and tuition.
- Regular company socials to suit all - ranging from kayaking to comedy nights to games evening.