Senior Software Consultant
Salary : Between £70,000 and £93,000 per annum
Location : London
We are looking for a Technical Consultant to join our team providing services to one of our Investment Banking clients. As part of the Technology function, you will be a senior member of the team responsible for the technical delivery of a major regulatory workstream.
- Understanding the technical requirements of the system
- Providing analytical support for client business and technical teams.
- Coding technical solutions to business problems.
- Conducting developer level testing of coded solutions.
- Working with client-side teams to build, integrate, test and deploy system components.
- Contributing to system architectural direction
- Supporting the technical lead in prototyping solutions for client demonstrations
- Assisting the team in making the correct technology choices for each problem to be solved
- Updating the appropriate issue tracking systems to ensure progress is logged
- An enthusiastic and experienced technologist with a passion for building high quality and productive enterprise-level systems.
- Interested in learning more about Investment Banking.
- Drawn to towards creating simplicity from complex systems, processes and business problems.
- Technology agnostic in your approach and are open to using the proper technology for the user problem at hand
- Customer/client-focused and understand that solving the user's problem and meeting their requirements is most important
- Not afraid to voice your opinion, but pragmatic enough to understand the needs of the project and team come first
- A strong team player that can work with a team of highly skilled and talented individuals
- Able to work independently when called upon, and maintain strong personal organisational skills
- Passionate to stay on top of the current technical skillset, with also a drive to explore technology evolution trends
- Senior-level development experience (8+ years) using a JVM based language (Java/Kotlin/Scala etc) with half of that experience building enterprise-level systems and at least 2 years of commercial experience in Scala.
- Experience architecting large and enterprise-level systems and components.
- Previous experience of working in financial services and regulatory requirement systems, in particular, is desirable but not mandatory.
- Previous experience of working in a client-facing environment.
- Team leadership and mentoring experience a plus
- Any Scrum/Kanban/XP experience a definite plus
- Excellent in problem-solving, critical thinking and time management.
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Initiative to find answers to new questions
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
Intrepid is a services and consultancy business, specialising in using our IT, Software and Process skills to use technology to increase efficiencies for our clients. We hope that by doing this, our clients save time and money which allows them to have more time for the precious aspects of life. We hire individuals who are eager to learn, driven to achieve the best, and thrive on taking responsibility and ownership.
- Competitive industry salary, with benefits including the Company Pension scheme
- Flexible working arrangements where possible, with Company headquarters at a central WeWork office with all the added benefits.
- On the job training and tuition
- Vitality private healthcare coverage
- Regular company socials to suit all - ranging from kayaking to comedy nights to games evening.